Pagine

mercoledì 25 aprile 2012

DEADLY KISS - Alone In The Void (We Love Metal / Canada)


Deadly Kiss’s album Alone In The Void came out in 2011, so admittedly I’m late to this party, but I want to take a moment to talk about this interesting EP. The disc is short, featuring just five tracks, but it has such a down to Earth quality of metal I feel it deserves its moment in the spotlight.
Deadly Kiss has a surprisingly … southern sound. After we get past the first intro track, which sounded so much like radio static I thought at first the CD was damaged, we get into some deep, slow-pulsing metal music. The sound is rhythmatic and direct, practically dripping testosterone and grits grease. The first two songs on the album have a strong, throbbing beat which is delivered rapid-fire style while the vocals flow slowly over top.
The latter two songs on this EP are slower, even more southern. It’s a remarkably potent combination of metal with a country style vibe. It’s metal that takes it’s time and gets back to basics, back to a more simple approach to life and to music. Maybe it’s because I grew up in the country or maybe I just like how Deadly Kiss has combined a simple sound with such rich vocals. Probably both. At any rate, I was pleasantly taken with this short disc and I recommend it for days when you want to kick things down a notch while staying in the realm of metal.
You can check out Deadly Kiss over at https://www.myspace.com/deadlykisscrew
Let me hear you!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento